Mission & Vision
SUNCREST ELEMENTARY VISION
Suncrest Elementary is a place where all (students, parents, community, and staff) strive for academic, social, and emotional excellence in a safe, supportive, and diverse atmosphere. We set high expectations for all students. Our entire school community believes that all students can and will achieve their highest potential now and in the future.
CSF Vision Statement
The Community Schools of Frankfort is a place where students and parents choose to attend and highly effective personnel desire to work. Students will be provided a rigorous and relevant curriculum that begins with early childhood education and extends beyond the classroom. Technology will be highly utilized across the curriculum, and students will apply their talents to impact their lives and the world around them. CSF faculty and staff will be supported through professional development and have access to state-of-the-art facilities and resources made possible through sound fiscal management. Achievement will be a shared responsibility among stakeholders, thus developing a sense of pride within the community.
Belief & Value Statements
- student achievement is our top priority and is directly correlated to effective classroom instruction;
- highly effective personnel are key to improving student achievement;
- facilities are safe, healthy, clean and well-maintained, with access to 21st century technology that enhances the learning and working environment throughout the corporation;
- financial decisions correlate with and support the educational goals of the school corporation while maintaining open, proactive communication with stakeholders;
- student achievement is a shared responsibility among students, parents, community, and all school employees;
- schools support and/or guide students in their quest to find personal fulfillment in the school community through extended learning opportunities;
- equal opportunities for students to demonstrate academic, emotional, and social growth;
- equitable access to a rigorous, research-based curriculum;
- differentiated instruction that reflects best practices and is aligned with curriculum and assessments;
- personnel who exhibit moral and ethical behavior, are positive role models, and have high expectations for every student;
- integration of technology into instructional practices at all grade levels;
- exploration, initiation, and development of high quality programs that utilize technology to move learning beyond the classroom;
- early childhood development;
Strategic Planning Resources
- Develop and implement a strategy to ensure all CSF properties meet equitable safety, and environmental standards.
- A minimum of 80% of all CSF students will pass Indiana standardized tests by 2014.
- All personnel will achieve the levels of Effective or Highly Effective on annual evaluations.
- Utilize instructional technology to eliminate the reliance upon traditional textbooks within 5 years.
- Utilize data to evaluate all instructional programs.
- Implement Full-Day Kindergarten.
- Identify areas to increase entire community involvement.